04/24: A nanotechnology joint venture receives 233 thousand euros from the European Commission
The European Commission (EC) has awarded a grant of 233 thousand euros to the nanotechnology joint venture formed by Infineon Technologies, AMD and the German Fraunhofer Institute, which opened in Dresden last year.
The Center for Nanoelectronic Technologies (CNT) is part of Dresden's € 700,000 effort to establish itself as the “third European advanced research center in nanoelectronics”, after LETI in France and IMEC in Belgium.
The aid from the European Commission includes 48 thousand euros from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) for machinery and equipment during the initial phase of the CNT.
Information related to nanotechnology, EU, nanoelectronics
- UE and nanoelectronics
- National Nanoelectronics Platform
- Nanomaterials market for nanoelectronics
- Nanotechnology news: Nanotechnology and VII Framework Program
- EU nanotechnology for industrial applications
- COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES Brussels, 12.5.2004 COM (2004… [PDF]